Pest Control: Flea Treatments
Fleas are hard to contain, flea eggs can remain dormant for up to nine months, activated by the vibration of movement around them.
This means that you could think the problem has been resolved but they are actually still there. Professional flea treatment is the only way to kill fleas in all their cycles.
If your dog or cat gets fleas, it’s important that you have your animals deflea'd and vacuum and clean the environment before being treated by a professional The best flea treatment is always prevention. For more information check out our Customer Guide: Flea Management Program.
Fleas are wingless insects that have mouth parts which are adapted for piercing skin and sucking blood.
- They have long legs with their hind pair well adapted for jumping.
- Fleas will feed off a number of warm-blooded mammals such as humans, dogs and cats.
- The bite of a flea can be extremely itchy and form small red bumps typically around your feet and lower legs.
With fleas feeding on a range of hosts, diseases are able to be transferred from one host to another. Fleas are well known for transmitting a variety of viral and bacterial diseases to humans and animals.
Flea treatment for your house is an important part of maintaining a healthy home; particularly when you have animals or live in areas where other animals such as cats and rats may wonder through your property.
Fleas and their eggs are often found living in the garden and in sandy areas, they then find their way into the home, living in carpet, flooring cracks and crevasses.
Check out the End of Lease Flea Treatments
If you are renting a home and have pets, chances are you have paid a pet bond and the only way to get that bond back, is to have an ‘end of lease flea treatment’ carried out upon you vacating the property.
- It’s important that you advise us if your pet has ever had fleas.
- Treating for dormant flea eggs is vital
- We will carry out a flea inspection of the property and provide you with a report and receipts.
- Should fleas be discovered, we will carry out a full flea treatment program (inside/outside)
- In the event that no fleas are discovered, we will carry out a basic flea prevention treatment inside
Check your pets! Wet weather preceding warmer temperatures is the ideal time for ticks to be out in force.
Australian Tick Identification Chart
Ticks can harm both humans and pets.
They’re only a couple millimetres in size, making them hard to see. Even if they’re biting you, they’re difficult to detect, as they secrete an aesthetic into their host before latching on. If this happens, the tick may cause a skin irritation or allergic reaction, possibly alerting you to their presence a few days after you’ve been bitten.
Ticks also transmit a wide variety of pathogens, most notably Lyme Disease, Human Monocytic Ehrlichiosis, or Southern Tick-Associated Rash Illness. Fortunately, Lyme Disease is extremely rare in Australia.